For checking the quality of the ordered products we need:
- Proto fitting samples
- Pre-Production or photo samples
- Final inspection reports (if agreed with QA)
- Shipment samples
All proto samples requested by Wehkamp need to be delivered:
- In packaging that is appropriate for mail-order dispatch.
- With sample card including Wehkamp style name or number, composition and weight of fabric, maker name and date.
- In the correct fabric as the order and size specification have indicated.
Samples will be judged for:
- The construction.
- The fitting.
- The workmanship.
- The composition of the material.
- The full presence of all parts/accessories (if applicable).
Wehkamp QA will:
- Draw up a report with his/her findings.
- And directly sends this to the supplier or the agent with a copy to the buyer/buying assistant.
- Only after the supplier has confirmed that all necessary changes will be carried out an article will be approved for production.
- Wehkamp will have to ask for a revised sample.
- QA will ask to check a photo sample before they approve fit of product for production. Buying always needs to see a photo sample for final approval.
- If final inspection report doesn’t add up to our quality standards, QA will request improvements.
All bulk items must be approved by Wehkamp before starting production:
- Bulk fabrics and test reports
- Trims and artworks
- Care labels and hangtags
Arrival and delivery:
Wehkamp needs well in advance written information from all articles concerning:
- The composition of each package
- The number identification per pack (in case an article consists of more than one package)
- The composition and the identification of any product or packages must not be changed if at all possible, this also applies for repeat orders.
- Whenever, compared to prior deliveries, the composition or the identification of the packs need to be changed this must be passed on to the buying department at an early date.